Cyndi Bands was backstage at New York Fashion Week where Orlando Pita created this low pony with soft, natural-looking waves for Derek Lam’s Spring 2014 runway show.
How to Get the Look:
1. Split hair into 3 horizontal sections- one at crown, one at temple, and one over ears. Split each layer into 3″ sections.
3. Using the T3 BodyWaver 1.75″ Styling Iron, create an “S” shaped wave using Pita’s “over/under” technique. Starting mid-way down head, hold iron horizontally and place it under the first section. Clamp section and hold in place for a few seconds.
4. Remove iron, then place it on top of the section 2″ down. Use other hand to hold the hair below the iron, lift up and hold for a few seconds to create a soft bend in the opposite direction.
5. Continue to move down section using same technique to create a natural wave.
6. Apply PHYTO Professional Fiber Paste to create natural texture with a bit of hold.
7. Create a soft side part and secure hair in a low ponytail using a Cyndi Bands hair tie.